Industrial trucks in a sawmill
FG Hydraulic filters in sawmill
WOOD IS OUR RAW MATERIAL, THE CUSTOMER IS KING AND SAWING IS OUR PASSION
No matter how the Fuchs sawmill in Böhmenkirch turns and twists the logs: With filters and elements from Filtration Group Industrial for the filtration of hydraulic, lubricating and operating fluids, the sawmill increases productivity and saves a lot of money.
The smell of freshly sawn wood hangs over the sawmill business, which was founded in 1892 and is now run by the fifth generation of the Grieser family. The sawmill mainly processes softwoods and hardwoods with a focus on beech, oak and ash. Highly qualified employees, most of whom have been with the company for many years, use state-of-the-art technology to produce products ranging from packaging wood, boards, planks, battens and frames to construction timber for private customers, tradesmen and also for industry. The company is PEFC and FSC certified.
FILCOM PROVIDES SUPPORT FROM THE RAW MATERIAL THROUGH TO PROCESSING
Hydraulic power units and components are used in different areas of the sawmill. The production sequences and machine processes are coordinated down to the smallest detail with the aim of significantly increasing productivity and energy efficiency. The starting point for processing is the log yard, where the delivered wood is debarked, measured, and sorted. The dimensions of each individual log are recorded here and thus form the basis for further processing in the sawmill as well as for invoicing with the supplier.
Forklifts and grappling machines are real powerhouses and still maneuverable. They do a great job in the log yard. Their performance is supported by a high-performance unit that supplies the vehicle drive and working hydraulics with filtered oil. And this is where the filter systems from Filtration Group Industrial come into play.
Suction filters of the Pi 1710 series are used in the floor conveyor vehicles at Sägewerk Fuchs. These filters are characterized by their robust design and large filter surface.
- The filter area is dimensioned to ensure a long service life.
The filter is installed upstream of the pump in the tank to protect against coarse impurities in the hydraulic system that may enter the tank and are not removed by other filtration.
- With state-of-the-art sawing technology such as gang pre-cutting and edging circular saw post-cutting, the logs are processed into lumber and then sorted according to quality. Here, hydraulic equipment moves the large logs based on the maximum energy transfer of pressurized fluids.
However, this can only be exploited to the full if the hydraulic fluids are pure. FILCOM supplies the Fuchs sawmill with a wide variety of hydraulic filter elements.
- High-quality filtration systems contribute to extended service intervals, maximum uptime and reduced maintenance costs
With Filtration Group Industrial’s patented PulseShield technology, the filter elements used provide an effective solution to pressure fluctuations that occur in almost every hydraulic circuit.
- Particles that have already been separated are not dislodged from the filter medium again by the PulseShield technology during pulsations.
Expertise in many fields
- Perfect hydraulic solutions for the sawmill
- Mobile cranes equipped with FG hydraulic filters
- Forklifts equipped with FG Hydraulic filters
- Concrete pumps equipped with FG hydraulic filters
- Crane vehicles equipped with FG hydraulic filters
- Stone crushers equipped with FG dust filter cartridges
- Conical dust filter cartridges for powerful suction filtration